From Kamaljit Bath <Kamaljit.B...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Stonehenge dev
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 20:56:43 GMT
Hi Ruchir,

I am a member of the Apache Stonehenge development community and I want to thank you for your
interest and offer to be a volunteer contributor.

We have discussed your offer among ourselves and we think that there are several places you
could help. First steps, of course, will be for you to download and install various versions
of the Stock Trader application and get yourself familiarized with different interoperability
points. The wiki pages [1] should contain enough information for you to get started - let
us know if you need any help or have any other feedback.

As for specific work items that you could help with, here are a few ideas:

(a) WSAS/Metro Stocktrader is using JDBC to connect to database, and is tightly coupled. We
have several set of classes for MSSQL and MySQL specific. We can modify it to have a data
layer, so that it can connect to any database (based on configuration? Hybernate?).
(b) Removing all the generated code (from WSAS Stocktrader) and writing maven script to generate
them, and build it.
(c) Other option is to write a stocktrader in CXF.
(d) testing the WSO2 M2 implementation (once it is further a long) against the Sun Metro and
WCF versions.

You can also take a look at open issues in Stonehenge Jira [2] and pick up some of them to
help with. We think the following ones, specifically, may fit your profile and interests well:

(e) SH-91 - from Avantika's original proposal. Ming from Sun METRO is also involved in this
and wants to work together on this for the sake of consistency. It would help him ramp up
to discuss ideas with Ming.
(f) SH-21 - reconcile the differences between the different config service contracts. In particular
PHP and .NET have some blatant differences. Just a matter of adding a few data types, etc.
(g)  SH-70 - update config code and setttings to include Sun Metro services as endpoints.
(h) SH-51 - create logging and debugging messages in the .NET console hosts

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions or any other feedback. We look forward
to your involvement with the project and welcome again.

Regards,
Kamaljit Bath

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STONEHENGE/Index
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STONEHENGE