From Chintana Wilamuna <chinta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network Connecton Error
Date Sat, 22 Aug 2009 13:11:10 GMT
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 5:16 PM, Prajwal<Prajwal.Muralidhara@sun.com> wrote:

> I'm using a windows xp on VMware. Does it pose a problem when i try to use
> the config tab in trader_client?I'm doing metro version of Stocktrader. I
> tried the same with Sun Virtual Box. I got the same error.

[snip]

It does not.

The stack trace suggest that the application is unable to connect to
the MSSQL server.

1. Try pinging to the IP address of where your MSSQL server is located.
2. If it's pinging the MSSQL server IP is accessible from your virtual machine.
3. If the ping is not ok,
  - Check networking settings on your virtual machine
  - Check whether you have a firewall on the host computer that your
MSSQL server is residing
  - If your MSSQL server instance is on the host machine that VMWare
is residing, you can access the host computer by giving the IP address
of the vmnet interface
3. If the ping is ok, try telnetting into the MSSQL port. $ telnet <ip> 1433
4. If you're seeing connection refused errors,
  - Either your MSSQL server is not started.
  - If it's started, you might have missed enabling the TCP/IP
protocol in MSSQL server
    follow this to enable TCP/IP in MSSQL server -
http://cwiki.apache.org/STONEHENGE/stonehenge-php-and-wsas-stocktrader-installation-guide.html#StonehengePHPandWSASStocktraderInstallationGuide-MSSQL

HTH,

    -Chintana

--