From Ming Jin <skyai...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal about setting configuration service url
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 09:23:35 GMT
Hi, there

We are working on the function of setting the Configuration Service URL on
the UI

We found that in the trade client of .NET version, when we set the
Configuration Service URL on the UI, it only changes the Configuration
Service URL for the trade client but not the BS, which still gets the
Configuration Service URL from the config file. Therefore we have to set the
Configuration Service URL twice in two difference places. As a result, the
trade client and BS may use different config service.

What we want to propose is to save the URL into DB.  In this way we just
only need to set the Configuration Service URL for both trade client and BS
once.

The proposal about setting Configuration Service URL is as following:
1.        Add a new table named ‘configService’ in DB. The new table has two
columns (NAME, URL). And we need constrain the table only has one record.
            In this way, the trade client and BS will get the config service
URL from configService table by default.
2.        When user enters Configuration Service URL, and clicks the ‘Set’
button.
3.        The Configuration Service URL will be saved to table
‘configService’, like
('config_service',  http://localhost:7000/tradeconfigservice’).
4.        Trade client and BS will get the Configuration Service URL from
table ‘configService’.

In this case, all the trade client and BS of different version(such as .NET,
Metro) will use the same config service, and we only need to set the
Configuration Service URL once.

Would you like to give us some suggestion about this proposal?

Thanks a lot .

--
Ming Jin

Consultant