From Avantika Agrawal <t-ava...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: Metro Contribution
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:40:39 GMT
Hi Ming,

I have been trying to set up Metro so that I can test the patches for SH-70 and SH-91. Here
are some issues I've been running into (I am using Win7 with the patch that Harold uploaded
for the metro folder and the lib folder that Ben sent out):
- I am not sure what the directory structure is supposed to look like for glassfish and metro.
Is the glassfish folder meant to be within metro? And is metro meant to be placed within the
trunk?
- I had glassfish directly on my C:\ drive and although it installed correctly, the commands
"ant deploy" were not working. Instead, I had to specify the location of ant.bat i.e. I used
a command like C:\glassfish\lib\ant\bin\ant deploy
- Once I modified that command, I got the services to deploy successfully.
- I had to specify ANT_HOME as an environment variable (this wasn't mentioned in the documentation
so perhaps include it in there - the only environment variable mentioned is AS_HOME).
- When trying to start the glassfish server using asadmin.bat start-domain I get the following
result:
CLI142 No domains in C:\glassfish\domains
CLI156 Could not start the domain undefined.
[Also I think there is a typo in the documentation - it says star-domain]

Let me know what you think is wrong. Looks like I haven't put the glassfish folder in the
correct place.

For now, I have just uploaded patched for SH-70 and SH-91. Take a look at these (the design
is as we discussed on a previous thread), but I could not test these completely as I was unable
to set up the metro services.

Thanks,
Avantika