From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Improving the usability of Stocktrader
Date Thu, 28 May 2009 14:53:32 GMT
Avantika,

Glad to hear your enthusiasm. The reason I wanted to build a .NET config service is to provide
a common interface for the Configuration UI (+1 btw).  This is currently being discussed in
the comments thread of ticket STONEHENGE-21 [1].  I put this on hold based on Shankar's recommendation
that we should spec the UI before creating the .NET config service.

Shankar,

Can you please provide more detail regarding the best course of action for creating the Config
UI.  What were you thinking? Web interface, Desktop, CLI?  What language/platform?

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STONEHENGE-21

-----Original Message-----
From: Avantika Agrawal [mailto:t-avagra@microsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:11 PM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Improving the usability of Stocktrader

Hi everyone,

My name is Avantika Agrawal; I am undergrad student at the University of Pennsylvania, interning
at Microsoft for the summer.

I recently joined the Stonehenge DL, in hopes of improving the usability of the StockTrader
Interop demo. In particular, I am interested in Ben's idea of a dotnet configuration service
that uses the existing database tables. I was also thinking of designing a UI that allows
the user to set up the configuration without going into the database. Let me know what you
guys think.

I look forward to working with all of you on Stonehenge!

Thanks,
Avantika