From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Resolved - > Closed
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2009 16:51:20 GMT
So,

For a Non-Committer.  Should I resolve the issue when I attached the patch file.  Then when
the patch has been committed and verified I should go back in and Close the issue?

Also should I be asking a committer to apply the patch, (I've been asking Drew)?  Or should
I just wait till someone goes thru and picks-up the resolved patches to commits them?  What
the procedure here?

-Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Dimuthu Gamage [mailto:dimuthuc@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 9:50 PM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Resolved - > Closed

Hi Drew,
I think it is really close to what you guessed. Here is how it goes as I
have heard and seen,

1. Anybody (it can be a commiter or a non-commiter) can report a JIRA.
2. Commiters can assign a jira to himself and resolve them. (Non-commiters
should apply patches, they can't directly assign or resolve jiras)
3. Normally the one who reported the jira should verify the fix and close it
or reopen if it is not fixed. Even a non-commiter can close a JIRA reported
by himself.
4. If the one who reported the jira is not closing it for a long time, a
commiter can close it. Normally this is done near a release.

--
Thanks,
Dimuthu Gamage

http://www.dimuthu.org