From Ben Dewey <Ben.De...@26ny.com>
Subject RE: Branding in the release.....
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:51:25 GMT
Daniel,

I've assigned it to myself.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:04 AM
To: stonehenge-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Branding in the release.....

As you probably saw this morning, a bunch of branding relates issues were
logged in JIRA (thanks guys).   That was a direct result of a (probably too
strongly worded) message I had sent to the IPMC list for advice.

Those are the issues that I had implied in my notes yesterday.   Basically,
before the release, all of the Microsoft and WSO2 and other branding really
needs to be pulled and changed to "Apache Stonehenge".  (and make sure
incubator disclaimers are in place as well.)  That includes package names,
logos in the guis, config settings, etc.....     Ideally, the project would
also settle on a single "Stonehenge" look and feel and make all the various
gui's look the same.   The same look and feel could then be used for the
project web site (http://incubator.apache.org/stonehenge) or wiki or similar.
The "logos" in the trader application could be links right to the project
website and such.

Remember, it's about promoting the project and if it can all look and feel
unified, I think that would be a big help.

Anyway, thanks to the WSO2 guys for jumping in there and getting started on
all of that.   The same will need to be done on the MS stuff.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org