From "C. Bergström" <cbergst...@pathscale.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: [Contact] Media question
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 15:50:16 GMT
On 08/ 6/13 09:30 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The ASF was asked to comment on the move of the project to the Attic.
> The below is what was sent.

Wtf Jim. Are you trying to be a troll now? If you wanted your name in
the press so badly let them publish it. Why are you even putting my name
on this. I'm interested in open source, not open bullshit. I declined
media comments and let this go. Please revise your statement to leave me
out of it. (In fact I referred people to comment who would be much more
likely to have something positive to say)

The Apache way didn't work for this project and instead of trying to
think outside the box... Some passionate people (primarily you?) decided
it was better to close it. (It's no secret you've wanted to do this for
a long time and why you intentionally pissed off the previous PMC.)
While STDCXX at Apache has no future it's still maintained by multiple
corporations. (Who are at least willing to discuss collaborating.)

Will you hide behind private board meetings or can some redacted ‎
version of the minutes be released? /* I don't personally care, but
maybe the press (Serdar) is interested */