From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: spam posted to stdcxx Wiki
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2013 12:59:27 GMT
On 4/1/13 10:09 AM, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Apr 2013, Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Over the last few days there has been a jump in the number of spam
>> pages added to the stdcxx wiki (see the attached email for an example
>> of a recent one). Is there any way to prevent this? (Deleting each
>> page as it gets created day after day is becoming tedious.)
>
> I believe the standard answer is:
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/OurWikiFarm#per_wiki_access_control_-_tighten_your_wiki_just_a_little.2C_benefit_just_a_lot
>

> There have a been a couple of projects in March that have tightened up
> their wiki permissions like that, so a quick browse through the infra
> archives should tell you more about how it works, what to do etc
>
> Nick

Could you point me to a relevant post in the archive? I've
searched infrastructure-dev and infrastrcture-issues but
can't find anything relevant there, and I'm having trouble
finding the archive for this list. (In the meantime, the
spam on the stdcxx Wiki has increased to the point that
I can't keep up with it.)

Thanks
Martin