From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1056 : numpunct fix
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 00:18:27 GMT

On Sep 20, 2012, at 8:02 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:

failing test cases. I believe I have seen some exceptions to the golden rule in my RW time,
but I can't recall any specific instance.

>>> That may be a valid metric here.
>>
>> The only one. Any programmer worth his salt -- I am borrowing your words here --
would be able to demonstrate the validity of his point of view with a test case.

> I did. There are 12440 race conditions detected for an incomplete run
> of 22.locale.numpunct.mt. By incomplete I mean: it did not run with
> its default nthreads and nloops which I believe are 8 threads and
> 200000 loop iterations.

That is not it, and you did not. Please pay attention: given your assertion that a race condition
is a defect that causes an abnormal execution of the program during which the program sees
abnormal, incorrect states (read: variable values) it should be easy for you to craft a program
that shows evidence of that by either printing those values, or aborting upon detecting them,
etc.

> [...] and overall just email bullshit.

Stop using that word.