From Stefan Teleman <stefan.tele...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1056 : numpunct fix
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 23:45:26 GMT
On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 7:22 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:

> Stefan, I want to be clear. You are talking about a patch identical in nature to the
one I have attached now. Just want to be 100% sure we are talking about the same thing. This
one still produces failures (crashes, assertions, etc.) in the locale MT tests on SPARC and
elsewhere in your builds?

On September 17, 2012 I have posted the following message to this list:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@stdcxx.apache.org/msg01929.html

In that message, there is a link to my SPARC thread-safety test results:

http://s247136804.onlinehome.us/stdcxx-1056-SPARC-20120917/22.locale.numpunct.mt.nts.1.er.html/index.html

This test was run with the following _numpunct.h file:

http://s247136804.onlinehome.us/stdcxx-1056-SPARC-20120917/22.locale.numpunct.mt.nts.1.er.html/file.14.src.txt.html

The test above shows 12440 race conditions detected for a test run of
22.locale.numpunct.mt, with  --nthreads=8 --nloops=10000.

Did you ever look at these test results? From reading your email, I
realize that you never looked at it. That is the only possible
explanation as to why you're asking now for SPARC test results, today
being September 20, 2012.

--
Stefan Teleman
KDE e.V.