From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: STDCXX-1056 [was: Re: STDCXX forks]
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 15:21:07 GMT
On 9/16/12 3:20 AM, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:
>
>> Now, to clear the confusion I created: the timing numbers I posted in the
>> attachment stdcxx-1056-timings.tgz to STDCXX-1066 (09/11/2012) showed that a
>> perfectly forwarding, no caching public interface (exemplified by a changed
>> grouping) performs better than the current implementation. It was that test
>> case that I hoped you could time, perhaps on SPARC, in both MT and ST
>> builds. The t.cpp program is for MT, s.cpp for ST.
>
> I got your patch, and have tested it.

Thanks, Stefan. I looked over it and it seems very similar to, and somewhat more
detailed than gprof profiling output.

I am going to update the incident shortly with a more detailed timing
measurements on my side, in the form of a new attachment. Just FYI in case you
still don't get notifications.

Liviu