From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject dbx [was: Re: STDCXX-1056 [was: Re: STDCXX forks]]
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:23:34 GMT
On 09/07/12 11:58, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:
>> On 09/06/12 19:54, Martin Sebor wrote:
>>>

>>> Also, does the 27.objects test pass with this patch?
>>

>> No, it does not. It hangs at the first insertion, line 227. Unfortunately, I
>> cannot debug it because dbx does not work properly in my installation.
>
> What are the symptoms with dbx mishbehaving? (maybe I can help).

Thanks!

I get this when launching the debugger:

$ dbx -xexec32 t
For information about new features see `help changes'
To remove this message, put `dbxenv suppress_startup_message 7.9' in your .dbxrc
Reading t
Reading ld-linux.so.2
dbx: fetch at 0xf400 failed -- Input/output error
dbx: warning: could not put in breakpoint
dbx: warning: internal handler (-80) made defunct -- could not enable event BPT
dbx: warning: internal handler (-86) made defunct -- could not enable event BPT

Then the program just runs from the get go. If I set breakpoints and rerun, it ignores them.

Also, long running programs cannot be broken into with C-c:

^Cdbx: warning: Interrupt ignored but forwarded to child.
signal INT in (unknown) at 0xf77cf6c4
0xf77cf6c4:     movl     %edx,%eax
dbx: warning: 'stop' ignored -- while doing rtld handshake
terminating signal 2 SIGINT
dbx: warning: 'stop' ignored -- while doing rtld handshake
(dbx) where
dbx: program is not active
(dbx)

Liviu