From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: A question (or two) of procedure, etc.
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 19:08:42 GMT
Trivial fixes should just be fixed... the normal expectation is
that bug reports are for non-trivial bugs or for trivial (and
non-trivial) bugs reported from the outside.

If a committers sees a bug, just go ahead and fix it, and
document the fix in a commit log, changefile, etc ;)

On Sep 6, 2012, at 2:06 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:

> What is the latest policy in what regards trivial fixes, e.g., the volatile qualifier
for the max var in LIMITS.cpp we discussed earlier, etc.? It seems excessive to create a bug
report for such issues.

> Also, IIUC from reading previous discussions, forward and backward binary compatible
changes go in 4.2.x, followed by merges to 4.3.x and trunk. Am I getting this right?

> Also, besides the Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, Solaris builds hosted on Apache (Jenkins)
is anybody building on HP-UX, AIX, etc.?