From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: New chair and/or attic
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 19:01:09 GMT

On Aug 31, 2012, at 2:41 PM, "C. Bergström" <cbergstrom@pathscale.com> wrote:

> On 09/ 1/12 01:28 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Your suggestion is that, somehow, one cannot push stdcxx as part
>> of the FreeBSD ports collection. And that is because it is licensed
>> under ALv2.
>>
>> My response is that that suggestion is total hogwash.
> That's not an authoritative response - To help resolve this maybe we could
>
> 1) Have Apache lawyers say the same thing via a letter to FBSD foundation
> or
> 2) Please have this link updated and provide a reference to where FSF has stated their
revised compatibility views about APLv2 + GPLv2
> http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

Ummm... system library

"""
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that
work are not derived from the Program, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate
works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when
you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of
a whole which is a work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the
terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and
thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
"""