From "C. Bergström" <cbergst...@pathscale.com>
Subject Re: New committers?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 18:19:11 GMT
On 09/ 1/12 01:13 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2012, at 9:42 AM, Wojciech Meyer<wojciech.meyer@arm.com>  wrote:
>
>> Jim Jagielski<jim@jaguNET.com>  writes:
>>
>>> So how are/were they committers??
>> Hi!
>>
>> Chime in - I think we need to clarify what kind of problems we have with
>> stdcxx being hosted as an Apache project.
>>
>> The two significant ones (as far as I can understand):
>>
>> - as I heard from Christopher Bergström that it's hard to push the
>>   stdcxx to FreeBSD ports repository (I can understand it and that
>>   sounds pretty bad, if that's the case then the board should consider
>>   re-licensing as advised; I agree in general it's a hard decision for
>>   the board, but imagine the project would benefit, IANAL tho)
> Not exactly sure why, or how, since there are other ASF projects
> in the FreeBSD ports directory... LOTS of others.
Do they come bundled with the compiler and link against every c++
application by default?  I suspect that their risk assessment may be
higher with something that's equivalent to libc on the system.  (btw -
anecdotal evidence and flippant comments don't help resolve this.  Did
you even read my previous email explaining this?)