From Liviu Nicoara <nikko...@hates.ms>
Subject Re: New chair and/or attic
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2012 17:12:44 GMT
On 08/29/12 10:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Looking over the lack of activity within this project, it's
> obvious (at least to me), that maybe its day is done.
>
> Should I call a vote to move C++ to the Attic? Or is there someone
> who feels that the project should still exist *and* is willing
> to stand as chair?

Hi Jim,

The discussion back in February showed that, even though committers have not spent much time
lately contributing new code to it, there is an active review of the activity occurring on
the mailing list and people have volunteered time to at least review outside contributions.
As Stefan remarked, putting it in the Attic pretty much closes the activity around it, as
little as it is.

I personally have a renewed interest in the implementation and am in the process of reviving
my apache account with the intention of being a constant presence here, and I hope I will
be able to contribute as well. I am not sure if anyone reviewed the patches volunteered by
Stefan yet, or the changes in forks elsewhere, but I am currently looking at that, too.

Thanks.

Liviu