From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: New chair and/or attic
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:38:18 GMT

On Aug 29, 2012, at 1:12 PM, Liviu Nicoara <nikkoara@hates.ms> wrote:

> On 08/29/12 10:54, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Looking over the lack of activity within this project, it's
>> obvious (at least to me), that maybe its day is done.
>>
>> Should I call a vote to move C++ to the Attic? Or is there someone
>> who feels that the project should still exist *and* is willing
>> to stand as chair?
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> The discussion back in February showed that, even though committers have not spent much
time lately contributing new code to it, there is an active review of the activity occurring
on the mailing list and people have volunteered time to at least review outside contributions.
As Stefan remarked, putting it in the Attic pretty much closes the activity around it, as
little as it is.

The issue is that I'm not seeing any real activity on any of the mailing lists...

> I personally have a renewed interest in the implementation and am in the process of reviving
my apache account with the intention of being a constant presence here, and I hope I will
be able to contribute as well. I am not sure if anyone reviewed the patches volunteered by
Stefan yet, or the changes in forks elsewhere, but I am currently looking at that, too.

Good to know!