From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: No board report and move to Attic
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 17:18:22 GMT
The largest argument for no-action at this time is that

  1. there are new (previously non-committer/non-pmc) individuals
     who are willing to actively manage the project

  2. were they to simply re-form around this archived code after
     the fact, moving code from a tlp -> attic, attic -> incubator,
     and incubator -> tlp strikes me, personally, as rearranging
     the furniture to no particular purpose

  3. there are knowledgeable existing pmc members, including Martin
     and myself, willing to stay through any transition.  If the
     board at some point feels the resulting PMC needs formal
     mentoring resources, I'm willing to do so officially and to
     seek additional mentors.

I'm personally excited for the diversity which is represented by
these three prospective new committers and pmc members, and from
discussions on dev@stdcxx, we would be surprised if they did not
accept.