From "C. Bergström" <cbergst...@pathscale.com>
Subject STDCXX "fork"
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2011 05:13:02 GMT

Hi all

PathScale has been maintaining our internal branch of STDCXX for a while
now and recently it's gone open source (along with a few other things[1])

Having it hosted at Apache seems to have created some barriers we're
hoping to resolve.

1) "better" cmake build system (Actually this has nothing to do with
Apache or the current build system.)
2) Faster code review, QA and easier contribution process (Only the last
part is slowed down by Apache)
3) Actively maintained (To start just bug fixes, better support for
Win/ARM/Solaris and performance improvements[2].  If we get enough
interest we'll start on C++0x)

Note: The cmake based build system isn't in the tree now and should
merge mid/late next week.

If you're interested
https://github.com/pathscale/stdcxx/

If you have outstanding patches please clone and send a pull request.
We're going to work hard to get all the backlog of stuff reviewed and
integrated.

./C

@CTOPathScale

[1] http://www.pathscale.com/ekopath4-open-source-announcement
[2] There's been a number of reported issues where just swapping out the
STL between GNU and STDCXX resolves performance issues