From Martin Sebor <mse...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++0x support?
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 21:44:57 GMT
On 06/04/2010 04:52 PM, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> 2010/6/4 "C. Bergström"<cbergstrom@pathscale.com>:
>
>> Portability is interesting to us, but we're also very much interested in
>> performance.  So previous to the upcoming release we only supported Linux,
>> but now we're looking to add OpenSolaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Mac and possibly
>> other platforms as we have time to bring them up to production levels.
>
> I am pleased to report that the latest Express version of the Oracle
> Studio (nee Sun Studio) Compilers
>
> http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/downloads/ssx/express_June2010.html
>
> supports the Apache Standard C++ Library (4.2.1):
>
> http://wikis.sun.com/display/SolarisStudio/Compilers

Wow! This is big news! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Now if only we could get someone from Sun/Oracle to help with
stdcxx maintenance and a couple of machines to run stdcxx nightly
builds with Sun Studio on Solaris (SPARC and Linux), we'd be able
to be more responsive to feature requests and bug reports :)

Martin