From "C. Bergström" <>
Subject Re: C++0x support?
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 02:28:41 GMT
Stefan Teleman wrote:
> 2010/6/4 "C. Bergström" <>:
>> Hi Stefan,
>> Does that mean the suncc team will be helping to improve it?  If neither
>> please don't hijack threads.  I removed maybe too much context from the
>> email, but it was in reference to C++0x + OpenSolaris.
> You should ask the compiler team directly what their plans are. I
> cannot speak for them.
> My email was in response to your statement about supporting C++0X in
> OpenSolaris with the Sun C++ compiler (which you have restated in this
> message).
I never said Sun C++ compiler.. I in fact said PathScale.. (see below)
> I wonder how you plan on supporting C++0X in OpenSolaris with the Sun
> C++ compiler, when this compiler does not currently support *any*
> C++0X features, and support for these features will not be available
> for quite some time. And the compiler is not open source.
> So no, I am not hijacking threads. I am seeking some clarification
> with respect to your own statements.
So in case you haven't read the thread

1) PathScale has a port to OpenSolaris
2) We are going to switch to stdcxx
3) We are interested in working on C++0x in stdcxx on the platforms we

I checked my email and I think you just assumed sun cc..

View raw message