From "Farid Zaripov" <far...@apache.org>
Subject Re: std::length_error in language support library
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2009 10:54:39 GMT
> It turns out that there already is an issue to revert this change:
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/cwg_defects.html#805
>
> If Microsoft implemented the resolution of issue 624 they will
> need to revert it.

  I've reopened the issue with quoting text from CWG issue 805.

(https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Feedb
ackID=457862)

> If you can devise a test case that triggers an exception from any
> shared_ptr operation in the Microsoft implementation it would be
> enough to file a bug report with them and might help convince them
> to take std::length_error out of the runtime library.

  Unfortunately, it is not possible. It is the same as make test that
triggers an exception from the following code:

void foo(args)
{
    if (false)
        throw std::length_error();