From "Farid Zaripov" <far...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Problem building Standard Library
Date Thu, 07 May 2009 14:51:18 GMT
> Turns out they are not getting this error when building the library but
> when they are building their application and using the Standard Library.
>
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iosfwd.h:176: error:
> '_RWSTD_SEEK_SET' was not declared in this scope
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iosfwd.h:177: error:
> '_RWSTD_SEEK_CUR' was not declared in this scope
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iosfwd.h:178: error:
> '_RWSTD_SEEK_END' was not declared in this scope
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iterbase.h:82: error:
> '_RWSTD_PTRDIFF_T' does not name a type
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iterbase.h:93: error:
> '_RWSTD_PTRDIFF_T' does not name a type
> /illustrate/iplus/source/rw_buildspace/include/rw/_iterbase.h:104:
> error: expected type-specifier before '_RWSTD_PTRDIFF_T'
>
> Any ideas?

  It looks like their application has its own config.h file, which is
included instead of our library header file.

  Martin, perhaps it worth to put some predefined macro in our config.h file
at
configuration step and check that macro in <rw/_config.h> header right after
the <config.h> included. Then if the macro above is not defined, issue
#error
with descriptive reason, something like "Not STDCXX's config.h file is
included.
Check that path to the STDCXX's config.h file is first in the list of
include
directories."

Farid.