From Andrew Black <abl...@roguewave.com>
Subject 22.locale.numpunct.mt run hangs
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 15:10:14 GMT
Greetings all.

At this time, we have two build types which are producing hanging builds
in nightly testing.  These builds are thread-safe (32-bit archive)
builds with the eccp compiler on Redhat 5.  This hang is known to be
exhibited using the 4.2.x branch, and may be exhibited on other branches.

These hangs point at two issues in the code base.  First, there's the
obvious problem of the test in question hanging. Second, there's the
failure of the run utility to kill this particular test.  I've attached
the .out files for the test from the latest builds in question, but they
aren't telling me much.  When I manually sent a kill message to the
tests in question, it was sufficient to send a SIGTERM.

--Andrew Black