From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: std::string::{assign|append|insert|replace} ([iterator, iterator,] size_type, value_type) ambiguous
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2008 19:57:09 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
>   While testing boost the Performance.cpp test from statechart library fails to compile:
>   On the other STL's that test compiled without errors.
>   I've created an Improvement JIRA issue: STDCXX-1009 (

I assume you set it to Improvement because you don't think the test
case is well-formed? I would have expected the general container
requirements to apply here, i.e.,

     For every sequence container defined in this clause and in clause

     -- If the constructor
            template <class InputIterator>
            X (InputIterator first, InputIterator last,
               const allocator_type& alloc = allocator_type())

        is called with a type InputIterator that does not qualify as
        an input iterator, then the constructor will behave as if the
        overloaded constructor:

            X (size_type, const value_type& = value_type(),
               const allocator_type& = allocator_type())

        were called instead, with the arguments
        static_cast<size_type>(first), last and alloc, respectively.

View raw message