From "Jeremy Dean" <Jeremy.D...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Visual Studio 2005
Date Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:56:00 GMT
I can not duplicate the problem.  Looking at his config.h file he does
have a difference on this particular line:

// #define _RWSTD_NO_NL_TYPES_H

on my build on windows this is not commented out.

So what test would be  setting this?

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Sebor [mailto:msebor@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:03 PM
To: dev@stdcxx.apache.org
Subject: Re: Problem with Visual Studio 2005

Jeremy Dean wrote:
> I have a customer trying to use SourcePro edition 10, stdcxx 4.2.0 and

> is getting a failure when building with Visual Studio 2005.
>
> Windows Vista x32
> Visual Studion 2005
>
> ..\stdcxx-4.2.0\src\messages.cpp (217) : error C2065 'NL_CAT_LOCALE' :
> undefined identifier
>

> Any thoughts on this issue?

Not a clue. Can you reproduce it?

The NL_CAT_LOCALE macro is #defined in src/catalog.h which should be
#included at the top of messages.cpp. For the file not to be #included
neither of _RWSTD_NO_NL_TYPES_H and _RWSTD_NO_CATOPEN_CATGETS would have
to be #defined. These are config macros that are #defined when the
<nl_types.h> POSIX header is not present or usable, or when either of
the catopen() and catclose() functions declared in it is missing. AFAIK,
Windows doesn't have <nl_types.h> so _RWSTD_NO_NL_TYPES_H should be
#defined in the generated config header (as it is here, for example:
http://tinyurl.com/5orqrd) If it's not, something must be screwy with
the build environment. A good way to find out would be to compare the
customer's config.h header and/or log file with yours (or one of those
on our site:
http://stdcxx.apache.org/builds/4.2.0/logs/ -- follow the H and/or L
link for the platform/configuration closest to the customer's).

Martin