From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Potential eccp-3.9 bug
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:23:53 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Martin Sebor wrote:
>> Travis Vitek wrote:
>>>

>>> This all seems to work when using the trait with a
>>> non-template type. If you want to use a template, it
>>> has to be instantiated first. I think I'm going to
>>> put the Edison compiler port on hold for now.
>> Yeah, it doesn't seem quite stable enough. Let's see what they
>> come back with, but unless there's something we're missing it
>> might be best to wait for 3.10. I assume HP aCC 6 isn't any
>> better?
>
> I got things working quite well on aCC 6.16. It doesn't support any of
> the built-ins, but I'm able to work around a lot of those issues.

AFAICS, it's based on EDG eccp 3.8, so it's likely to have the same
problems as those we discussed yesterday. A simple test case using
__is_empty(int) compiles fine, but as expected the compiler spits
out the same error for the __is_empty (S<0>) case as we saw eccp
3.9 do. Let me try to find out when HP plans to upgrade to the
latest EDG front end.