From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: static_assert config check
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 19:07:33 GMT

>Eric Lemings wrote:
>

>How's this for a suitable configuration check for static_assert?
>
>	// compile-only test
>
>	static_assert (sizeof (char) == 1, "impossible");
>
>	template <int I> struct S {
>	    static_assert (I >= 0, "template parameter I must be
>non-negative");
>	};

I've written an errily similar test already (pasted below)

I think you should probably instantiate S somewhere and it might be a
good idea put a line break before 'struct' so that your code conforms to
our 'coding standards'.

>Brad.

// checking for static_assert

****
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software  Foundation (ASF) under one or more
 * contributor  license agreements.  See  the NOTICE  file distributed
 * with  this  work  for  additional information  regarding  copyright
 * ownership.   The ASF  licenses this  file to  you under  the Apache
 * License, Version  2.0 (the  License); you may  not use  this file
 * except in  compliance with the License.   You may obtain  a copy of
 * the License at
 *
 * http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * distributed under the  License is distributed on an  "AS IS" BASIS,
 * WITHOUT  WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS  OF ANY  KIND, either  express or
 * implied.   See  the License  for  the  specific language  governing
 * permissions and limitations under the License.
 *
 * Copyright 2008 Rogue Wave Software, Inc.
 *

**/

template <int _N>
struct S