From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: Empty member initializers
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:32:15 GMT

Eric Lemings wrote:

>Travis Vitek wrote:
>>

>> This all gets back to the discussion we were having a few weeks ago
>> about which compiler features we should expect the compiler
>> support for
>> 4.3.x.
>
>I'm adding a Wiki page listing these compiler requirements but I can
>only think of one or two ATM.  What else should be on this list?

Well, I'd like to think that we could eliminate all of these. Without
some of them them it becomes much more difficult or impossible to
implement some of meta classes.

  _RWSTD_NO_CLASS_PARTIAL_SPEC
  _RWSTD_NO_BOOL

I can live with keeping the following, but a modern compiler should
really support these

  _RWSTD_NO_TYPENAME
  _RWSTD_NO_EXPLICIT
  _RWSTD_NO_EXPLICIT_ARG
  _RWSTD_NO_FRIEND_TEMPLATE
  _RWSTD_NO_FUNC_PARTIAL_SPEC
  _RWSTD_NO_NEW_FUNC_TEMPLATE_SYNTAX
  _RWSTD_NO_NEW_CLASS_TEMPLATE_SYNTAX
  _RWSTD_NO_INLINE_MEMBER_TEMPLATES /* not used att all */
  _RWSTD_NO_NAMESPACE
  _RWSTD_NO_LONG_DOUBLE
  _RWSTD_NO_LONG_LONG
  _RWSTD_NO_WCHAR_T