From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: __rw_and (Was RE: Some internal aliases for __rw_integral_constant?)
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:03:37 GMT

Martin Sebor wrote:

>Eric Lemings wrote:
>>
>> Martin Sebor wrote:
>>>
>>> It looks like some sort of a type trait. If so, why isn't plain &&
>>> sufficient?
>>
>> Portability.  As I said, some compilers have problems
>> evaluating certain expressions at compile-time without
>> metafunction wrappers.
>
>Okay, I can understand that. Do we have test cases for these bugs
>and have they been reported? It's important that every bug we run
>into be distilled to a test case and reported to the compiler
>vendor before we implement a workaround. That way we can expect
>the bugs to be fixed and the workarounds to be removed.

In the case that I ran into, the problem is easily worked around by
adding an additional set of parentheses (seems to be a recurring theme
around here).

I've already filed an issue with the vendor. I just created a JIRA for
the issue and added a link there.

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-975

Travis