From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject Default BUILDTYPE and/or BUILDMODE?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:22:38 GMT
What is the default BUILDTYPE if it is not defined in the build (make)
command?

Here are some values from $builddir/makefile.in when BUILDTYPE is not
specified:

CONFIG_H   = gcc-4.1.1-
BUILDTYPE  =
BUILDMODE  =
LIBBASE    = std$(BUILDTYPE)

Are these values correct?  I haven't looked but do the docs say if
BUILDTYPE (or BUILDMODE) is required?  Or what the default is?  If there
isn't a default, I think we should establish one: shared, reentrant in
all snapshots (i.e. all development) and release on all systems, wide
builds on wide systems in snapshots and releases that support them,
debug in snapshots, and optimized in releases.

Thanks,
Brad.