From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject C++ 0x testing
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 21:54:01 GMT
Unless I'm missing something, C++ 0x testing is currently disabled
in nightly builds. I.e., because tests for the newly added C++ 0x
features are guarded by the _RWSTD_NO_CXX_0X macro and because
  _RWSTD_EXT_CXX_0X is not #defined, the tests are compiled into
what essentially amounts an empty main().

With type traits and tuple being nearly done, I think it's time
to start exercising these and any other new components in nightly
builds. One approach that might be easily implementable at least
for gcc is the one suggested in a recent thread: for 4.3.x, add
-std=gnu++0x to the set of compiler options for gcc 4.3 and
beyond, and make _RWSTD_EXT_CXX_0X synonymous with gcc's
__GXX_EXPERIMENTAL_CXX0X__.

Is there a better approach? I'd like to get things set up
sometime this week.

Martin