From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Unnamed template parameters
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 19:22:25 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

> Eric Lemings wrote:
>>
>> Anyone recall if some compilers might have problems and/or issue
>> warnings about unnamed template parameters?  E.g.,
>>
>> 	template <class> struct S;
>>

> Martin mentioned in a review of your code that he remmbers it not being
> safe on at least one compiler. I have not encountered such a compiler,
> and I know that I'm doing it with non-type template parameters in the
> traits code.

The last time I checked HP aCC 3 didn't support unnamed template
parameters. There should be a record of the bug in our Bugzilla.
aCC 3.63 does appear to support them but due to a bug I uncovered
while checking I wouldn't say it's safe to get into the practice
of relying on it just yet:

$ cat t.cpp && aCC -V -c t.cpp
template <class, int> struct S { };
S<int, 0> s;
aCC: HP ANSI C++ B3910B A.03.73
aCC: Not enough memory is available to finish the compilation.

Martin