From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r664141 - in /stdcxx/branches/4.3.x: include/type_traits tests/utilities/20.meta.help.cpp
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:01:53 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

>> Eric Lemings wrote:
>>
>> I was wondering if it wouldn't make more sense to move just
>> the integral_constant class template to its own header?  If
>> I just need that class template, I wouldn't want to have to
>> pull in all the other type traits as well.
>
> Yes, I know, but for the time being I'm putting it there. Until I add
> more traits this shouldn't be a problem. When I do move this to a
> private header it will be transparent to you, so I'll need to notify you
> to update your tuple code.
>
>> Maybe under include/rw/_integral_constant.h?
>
> Yeah, but you have to keep the 14 character POSIX imposed filename
> length into account, so it will probably end up being reduced to
> something like `rw/_integ_const.h' or even `rw/_meta_help.h'.

FWIW, the convention I've used for some of the existing headers
is to have a "base" header (such as _algo.h, or _iterbase.h)
with common definitions used by other library headers, and
another "derived" header with definitions of types that aren't
necessary to implement the rest of the library. Following that
convention, we might have a _traitsbase.h with the definition
of integral_traits and the most commonly used traits.

Martin