From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r646002 - /stdcxx/trunk/util/output.cpp
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 01:18:41 GMT

>Martin Sebor wrote:
>
>Has anyone tested or looked at the new patch? Travis?

I have not tested it, but I pointed out that it still has problems in my
that the msdn docs say you can only reliably use fseek() to move to the
origins [begin and end of file] or to a value previously attained from a
call to ftell().

Andrew's patch uses fseek() in a manner that is inconsistent with both
these requirements in several places [rbinit(), rbsync(), and rbgetc()].
IMO, this makes the patch no good.

That said, I'm running a test on with a regular windows build just to be
sure. Even if that works, to be absolutely certain that this fix works
I'll have to emulate the nightly build system get the entire source
heirarchy on windows system with unix line ends.

Travis