From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: terminate.h config test header
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 17:09:02 GMT

>Eric Lemings wrote:
>
>Try this:
>
>    cd $SRCDIR/etc/config/src && grep -2 'terminate\.h' *
>
>Note that every #include for this header is wrapped by the same #if
>directives.  Wouldn't it make sense to move all of these nested if
>directives into the header itself and just always include the header?
>
>For example:
>
>	file etc/config/src/terminate.h:
>	#include "config.h"
>
>	#ifndef _RWSTD_NO_HONOR_STD
>	#  ifdef _RWSTD_NO_STD_TERMINATE
>
>	namespace std {
>
>	void terminate ()
>	{
>	}
>
>	}   // namespace std
>
>	#  endif   // _RWSTD_NO_STD_TERMINATE
>	#endif   // _RWSTD_NO_HONOR_STD
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Brad.

Normally this would be the right thing to do, but the build system
actually uses the #ifndef you see there to establish a dependency on
other config tests (see GNUmakefile.cfg). In the above example, this
test depends on the config tests HONOR_STD.cpp and STD_TERMINATE.cpp
being run before this particular test is compiled.

If this were to change it would require a small change to the build
infrastructure. I'd prefer to see a list of dependencies written as
comments near the top of the file instead, but that is just me.