From "Travis Vitek" <>
Subject RE: [STDCXX-905] 22.locale.synopsis link error on Solaris platforms
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 20:05:02 GMT

>Eric Lemings wrote:
>>From what I see, the generic templates for member functions do_hash,
>do_transform, and do_compare() in the std::collate class are
>not defined anywhere: only the specialized templates for type char
>and wchar_t.  I assume this is intentional?  The 22.locale.synopsis
>test exercises these member functions with a user-defined character
>type (i.e. int type).

>From what I can gather, the standard only requires [see table 51 and 52
in]  that collate<char> and collate<wchar_t> exist. The only
facet types for which the template parameter is required to be generic
are as follows..

So, I'd think that the test is probably verifying some behavior from the
old locale implementation that is not required and is not implemented in
the new implementation.

View raw message