From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: [STDCXX-905] 22.locale.synopsis link error on Solaris platforms
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 20:05:02 GMT

>Eric Lemings wrote:
>

>>From what I see, the generic templates for member functions do_hash,
>do_transform, and do_compare() in the std::collate class are
>not defined anywhere: only the specialized templates for type char
>and wchar_t.  I assume this is intentional?  The 22.locale.synopsis
>test exercises these member functions with a user-defined character
>type (i.e. int type).
>

>From what I can gather, the standard only requires [see table 51 and 52
in 22.1.1.1.1]  that collate<char> and collate<wchar_t> exist. The only
facet types for which the template parameter is required to be generic
are as follows..

  money_get<C,InputIterator>
  money_put<C,OutputIterator>
  num_get<C,InputIterator>
  num_put<C,OutputIterator>

So, I'd think that the test is probably verifying some behavior from the
old locale implementation that is not required and is not implemented in
the new implementation.

Travis