From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: XLC++ build failures
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 22:41:03 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

>> Martin Sebor wrote:

>>> Uh yeah, quite possible.  The build directory, but not necessarily
>>> the source directory, by definition has to be writable.  I assume
>>> that's where configuration tests are built and executed also,
>>> unless I'm missing something.
>> Most but not all of them. The change above is to code that runs
>> with CWD=$TOPDIR. My local builds run fine so I'm puzzled as to
>> why it's failing. Travis, any ideas?
>>

> No, I've got nothing. I noticed the failures on Wednesday. I also did a
> manual test at that time and had no problems. I was hoping that it was
> some kind of glitch in the nightly build system.

I must have missed the error below in the logs. I see what
the problem is now: a missing '$' in the fix I committed.
It works when TMPDIR is not defined, which it isn't in the
default environment, but our bin/buildntest script sets it
to /tmp/stdcxx-tmp.<PID> and that's when things break. I
just checked in a fix for it:

### gmake  builddir   BUILDMODE=,archive,optimized,narrow
CONFIG=vacpp.config 2>&1 | sed -e
"s/\/build2\/batman\/5.0.0\/builds\/34761602\/source-buildspace\/build/\$(BUILDDIR)/g;s/\/build2\/batman\/5.0.0\/builds\/34761602\/source-buildspace/\$(TOPDIR)/g"

| tee /tmp/build.1016008.log:
/bin/sh: /tmp/stdcxx-tmp.1016008/tmp:  not found
rm: foo.1138728.c: No such file or directory
creating BUILDDIR=$(BUILDDIR)
generating $(BUILDDIR)/makefile.in from $(TOPDIR)/etc/config/vacpp.config
/bin/sh: /tmp/stdcxx-tmp.1016008/tmp:  not found
rm: foo.1138762.c: No such file or directory
build directory created: BUILDDIR=$(BUILDDIR)

Martin