From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Doxygen possible in STDCXX?
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 19:23:42 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> [...]
[...]
> I would suggest using the printf directives (STDCXX-871) but there's
> no C++ code (or not enough) related to that component to use as a
> proof-of-concept.

I don't see why the language would matter. The documentation
will look the same regardless if rw_printf() is implemented
in C or in assembly.

> I see that many of the rwtest header files already contains lots of
> inline doc comments though the source files do not.  Has a
> proof-of-concept already been started?  Should I create a Jira issue
> to complete this proof-of-concept?  Should I submit changes to the
> 4.3.x branch?

I wouldn't call what's there a proof of concept. It was
probably just a wishful thinking on the part of the author(s)
that some day in the distant future we might use Doxygen with
no effort toward documenting the rest of the driver or toward
generating the docs. There was a brief discussion on the
subject last year but little came out it:
http://markmail.org/message/s2ypzoo2wcpwas55

My feeling is that unless we set up an infrastructure to
automatically generate and publish the generate docs it's
going to hard to get motivated to go to the trouble of
adding Doxygen-style comments even in the test driver.

Martin