From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: [Stdcxx Wiki] Update of "TargetPlatforms" by EricLemings
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 17:01:51 GMT
Travis Vitek wrote:

>> Subject: [Stdcxx Wiki] Update of "TargetPlatforms" by EricLemings
>>
>> Dear Wiki user,
>>
>> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Stdcxx
>> Wiki" for change notification.
>>
>> The following page has been changed by EricLemings:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/stdcxx/TargetPlatforms
>>
>> The comment on the change is:
>> TargetPlatforms won't change between patch releases.

>> ---------------
>> - ||||||<tablestyle="text-align:center">'''Target platforms
>> for stdcxx 4.2.1'''||
>> + ||||||<tablestyle="text-align:center">'''Target platforms
>> for stdcxx 4.2.x'''||
>>  ||Category||Operating[[BR]]System||Compiler||
>>  ||<rowspan=10>Primary||<rowspan=2>HP-UX 11i||HP aCC 6.16||
>>  ||HP aCC 3.74||

This was meant to be a list of platforms specifically for 4.2.1,
but I suppose calling it 4.2.x is fine too.

> This should probably be 4.2.2 [not 4.2.x], but we haven't really
> discussed target platforms or release manager issues yet. Perhaps this
> is a good time to do so? Are there any compilers that were not on the
> 4.2.1 list but should be considered for the 4.2.2 list?

I don't expect us to be dropping any platforms but it would be
nice to add more recent releases of the currently supported
compilers, such as aCC 3.80 and gcc 4.3. I don't know of any
others. Are there any that we'd like to add? Maybe AIX 6 if
and when we get it.

Martin