From "Travis Vitek" <Travis.Vi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: example DIFFs in Windows builds
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2008 00:22:24 GMT

>Andrew Black wrote:
>
>Greetings Martin.
>
>I haven't looked with a debugger, but my suspicion is that the new difs
>are caused by http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=644314&view=rev .  I
>retrieved the results from a random build (34606522 - icl 10, Windows
>XP, 12d, 4/1, r643226), and the failures are not observed.  This
>particular build occurred after
>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=643120&view=rev was checked in (my
>resolution for STDCXX-426), but before Farid's change (
>http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=644314&view=rev ) was checked in.
>
>--Andrew Black

Thanks Andrew. That looks like the problem. After spending over an hour
wading through the windows build infrastructure, I finally got enough of
an idea of what was going on so that I could test the change...

The following command line

    ..\bin\exec -d c:\build\stdcxx\trunk\examples spell.exe radix.exe
tele.exe

Produces this output with Farid's change,

    NAME         STATUS WARN ASSERTS FAILED PERCNT    USER     SYS
REAL
    spell.exe      DIFF    0                         0.015   0.000
0.000
    radix.exe      DIFF    0                         0.015   0.015
0.000
    tele.exe       DIFF    0                         0.015   0.000
0.000

And produces this after removing it and rebuilding the exec utility.

    NAME         STATUS WARN ASSERTS FAILED PERCNT    USER     SYS
REAL
    spell.exe         0    0                         0.015   0.000
0.000
    radix.exe         0    0                         0.015   0.000
0.000
    tele.exe          0    0                         0.015   0.000
0.000

I'll be committing a fix in a few seconds.

Travis