From "Eric Lemings" <Eric.Lemi...@roguewave.com>
Subject RE: ABI problem on Darwin
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:52:29 GMT

Just for comparison, the latest release version of GNU Libtool does this
on Darwin also (which added much more support for this platform in the
latest major release).  The previous version also specified version
options but the latest version does not.

For example, see the link command for libstd.dylib at
http://people.apache.org/~elemings/autotools/distcheck.out.1.  Also
note when the library is installed, the tool instructs users to
either link using libtool (not currently possible in our case) or
use the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable.

Brad.