From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r650933 - /stdcxx/trunk/src/num_put.cpp
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 17:25:37 GMT
> From: Martin Sebor от имени Martin Sebor
> To: dev@stdcxx.apache.org
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r650933 - /stdcxx/trunk/src/num_put.cpp

>> Log:
>> 2008-04-23 Farid Zaripov <farid_zaripov@epam.com>
>>
>>       STDCXX-880
>>       * src/num_put.cpp [_RWSTD_DBL_SIZE == _RWSTD_LDBL_SIZE]: Call double type overload
>>       from long double type overload when sizeof (double) == sizeof (long double).
>
> What about __rw_fmat_infinite()? Do we need overloads for float
> and long double or is the conversion from those two types safe
> (as in doesn't trigger traps or floating exceptions) and
> adequately efficient?

  Yes we definitely need overloads of __rw_fmat_infinite(), but in the next release (when
we would
implement overloads for __rw_isxxx() for corresponding types). Now the only double versions
are implemented, but __rw_fmat_infinite() isn't called for float and long double types because
of
__rw_isfinite() always returns true for float and long double (except the case when
sizeof(double) == sizeof (long double)) .

Farid.