From "Farid Zaripov" <Farid_Zari...@epam.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r643964 - /stdcxx/trunk/include/rw/_traits.h
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 17:16:36 GMT

  From ICC help:

String and Block Copy Intrinsics
The following table lists and describes string and block copy intrinsics
that you can use across all Intel architectures.

The string and block copy intrinsics are not implemented as intrinsics
on IA-64 architecture.

Intrinsic Description
char *_strset(char *, _int32) Sets all characters in a string to a fixed
value.
int memcmp(const void *cs, const void *ct, size_t n) Compares two
regions of memory. Return <0 if cs<ct, 0 if cs=ct, or >0 if cs>ct.
void *memcpy(void *s, const void *ct, size_t n) Copies from memory.
Returns s.
void *memset(void * s, int c, size_t n) Sets memory to a fixed value.
Returns s.
char *strcat(char * s, const char * ct) Appends to a string. Returns s.
int strcmp(const char *, const char *) Compares two strings. Return <0
if cs<ct, 0 if cs=ct, or >0 if cs>ct.
char *strcpy(char * s, const char * ct) Copies a string. Returns s.
size_t strlen(const char * cs) Returns the length of string cs.
int strncmp(char *, char *, int) Compare two strings, but only specified
number of characters.
int strncpy(char *, char *, int) Copies a string, but only specified
number of characters.

Farid.