From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: Regression tests file structure
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 19:02:57 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> Not that it really matters but I noticed lots of rather small programs
> for the regression tests.  Couldn't these be consolidated into fewer
> source files, by component perhaps, with a function for each individual
> regression test?  Just a thought.

I'm sure they could, and it would probably benefit our build
times. The problem is that a severe failure in one of them
(build or runtime) would cause the rest of them to fail too.
Getting around it would require non-trivial changes to our
build harness (e.g., build each test into a separate object
file, linking them all together into a single executable,
and on a runtime failure in one re-link all those that
didn't get to run into a new executable, and repeat).

Martin