From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: New 27.basic.ios.cpp test migrated (LONG)
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2008 04:46:03 GMT
Martin Sebor wrote:
[...]
> Finally, every function is extern by default. There is no need
> to explicitly declare it as such (I believe there are compilers
> that warn about function definitions with the extern keyword).

FYI, here's an example of the diagnostic (issued by HP aCC 6)
from our nightly builds I was referring to above:

"$(TOPDIR)/src/ti_num_get.cpp", line 51: remark #4244-D: extern storage
class used with a function definition
   _RWSTD_DEFINE_FACET_FACTORY (extern _RWSTD_EXPORT, num_get, TARGS_C,
num_get);
   ^