From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: The quintessential STDCXX test is...?
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 21:24:17 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:
> Hey,
>
> If you had to point to one single test program in the STDCXX test suite
> as a model for writing all other STDCXX tests, which one would it be?

They're all very different, depending on what they exercise and who
wrote them.

IMO, think the 22.locale.{money,num,time}.{get,put}.cpp tests are clean
and easy enough to work with.

Some of the container and strings tests are very good at exhaustively
exercising the respective member functions, including exception safety,
but I find them more difficult to follow (there's quite a bit of
infrastructure in the driver that they all share).

Then there are all the regression tests, most of which are he pinnacle
of simplicity.

Martin