From Martin Sebor <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r643964 - /stdcxx/trunk/include/rw/_traits.h
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 18:15:00 GMT
Farid Zaripov wrote:
> [...]

That's a good question. Intel C++ 10 generates different code
for each, so we should probably do some benchmarking before we
switch from one to the other.

For this program:

   #include <string.h>

   void foo (char *s, size_t n) { memset (s, 0, n); }
   void bar (char *s, size_t n) { __builtin_memset (s, 0, n); }

Intel C++ 10.1 generates this code at -O2:

         pushl     8(%esp)
         pushl     $0
         pushl     12(%esp)
         call      _intel_fast_memset