From Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>
Subject Re: on branches and merging
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 22:48:10 GMT
Eric Lemings wrote:

> [...]

That doesn't work when there are several parallel development
efforts going on. In our case, they are: 4.2.x, 4.3, and 5.0.
As I just mentioned in my response to Travis we have changes
(or patches) for all three. We just haven't been committing
(or have been reverting) patches for the latter two because
they're not appropriate for 4.2.x. That's not workable.

There's no avoiding having development happen on multiple
branches at the same time. We need to figure out how to
make the process of merging changes between these branches
as easy as possible with the least chance of errors.

Martin